Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I Live Amongst the Trees..

The day after Christmas was a special day spent with my dad, step mom, step grandmother and brother. We exchanged presents, I was given my extremely wonderful heirloom ring, and my father decided to take me to the land. My father is a lot like me a hobby oriented person who kind of keeps to himself with a good heart and a great sense of humor. He's been keeping busy by clearing out land, building roads, and a little house up on a knoll.
To get up to this little house was no easy feat at all. We had to drive about half an hour into a small small town and then up a road towards where hardly any people even live. Then we drove up a teeny tiny road that my father carved out of the earth. We got to a certain point where you could see the house but it was the steepest part of the road. We were stuck and couldn't move up any further. My hand was gripping so tightly to the arm rest. We slowly moved backwards down the hill, slipping every which way. Unfortunately to the left there is a bit of a drop so we didn't want to back down that way. I honestly thought we would tip backwards. But fortunately we got to a point where we could pull into the bottom field safely. 
It is so crazy to think that my father built this place with his own hands. He needs to add a kitchen and bathroom and he plans to add a pond down below in the field. I would have taken pictures of the inside but it was really dark. I can see it all finished..it will be so cute, especially without all the snow. I can't wait to go up in the cupola and see a perfect summer sunset high above the trees.
This land was given to my father after my grandfather passed away. I think that my grandfather would be so proud of my dad for creating something so beautiful. I know I am. 

This house and it's rural atmosphere remind me of Lucy Chadwick and this video of her I first saw on Moorea's blog. I may be exaggerating but a girl can dream of a Lucy Chadwick lifestyle right? :)



Thanks for stopping in and sharing something special with me!
Lo


3 comments:

  1. It looks absolutely beautiful, and sounds wonderful. I'm a big fan of living in places where there's not a lot of other people. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I would love to live there...

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how magical! I can imagine how lovely it will look when it is finished. Such a perfect place for a little cabin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my little blog! I greatly appreciate your time & your comment & hope to get back to you shortly!