Thursday, August 11, 2011

Inspiration Nation: Printed Peaks


As I continue to think about Printed Peaks and its future I think to a fall collection. Fall reminds me of beautiful colors exploding on the mountain sides of Vermont. I have been inspired by a few items in particular that I felt necessary to share with you. 
If you've already flipped through the J.Crew July magazine you probably stumbled upon Jenna's Picks and the idea of pairing more classic looks while adding a slight edge. The looks include the classic bandana pattern, sailor stripes, denim and black fringed booties. And anything looks effortlessly cooler with spikes, of course. Eddie Borgo is now selling with J.Crew and I really love his cone spiked jewelry. A little out of my league price wise but drool worthy nonetheless. 
While looking through Etsy I stumbled upon the most lovely bow lo bolo tie. I really love the bolo look and lets just say that it has really inspired me for my next collection. What do you think of bolo ties? 
I've been wearing my yellow lace crop top a lot and I absolutely adore the color and the shapes of the lace. It's not totally typical. I would love to try to paint through some beautiful lace on wood. I also picked a fern while at a local lake and thought I could make a nice pattern by using it as a stamp on my wooden pieces.
These colors really make me think of a fall wooden horizon along with the pop of the cool blue grey adds a bit of edge. Warm and cool colors together beautifully. 


These are some aspects that have been inspiring me most lately and I'm hoping that I will be able to carry out most of my ideas with a fall collection. I would love to sell all the items within my first collection before starting my fall collection and am offering 15% off and free domestic shipping!

Thanks for stopping by and listening to my ramblings of inspiration! I appreciate that many of you continue to stop in day after day or even week after week! You make me so happy! 
-Lo

4 comments:

  1. Yay for inspiration! I love the lace textures and that colour palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! All of them! Can't wait to see what you come up with. : )

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cant wait to see your new collection! yayayayay!!!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely,
    great inspiration!
    Thanks for sharing!
    I just found your blog,it's very cute!I added to your followers!Follow back?:)
    Greetings from Tuscany
    Xoxo
    Mary
    fashionteaat5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my little blog! I greatly appreciate your time & your comment & hope to get back to you shortly!